The addition of butter gives this mild, flaky fish a rich flavor that pairs well with the dryness of the white wine, while the pine nuts add a crunchy component to the juicy tomatoes and silky steamed kale.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the pine nuts and cook, shaking the pan, until aromatic and lightly browned–this will happen quickly, so make sure to keep an eye on them!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the fish well with salt and pepper. Place on the parchment paper.
- Divide the shallots, garlic, tomatoes, kale, butter, and wine between the pieces. Seal tightly and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and open carefully.
- At the table, top with the parsley and pine nuts.
Recipe by Yasmin Fahr
Yasmin Fahr is a food writer and recipe developer who will likely try to sneak feta and tomatoes into every recipe she can. Maybe avocado, too. Her work has also appeared on Serious Eats and Yahoo! Travel. Follow her on Twitter at @yasminfahr for her latest recipes and articles.