In this dressing, the intense saltiness and flavor of the miso is balanced by the acidity in the rice wine vinegar and the subtle spiciness of the ginger with a touch of sweetness from the mirin. Try serving with brown or white rice or soba noodles. For medium-rare salmon, reduce the cooking time by two minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the miso, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, and mirin in a small bowl.
- Arrange the salmon on the parchment pieces and divide half the dressing between the four pieces, gently rubbing it in.
- Divide the broccoli and scallions between the packets and then pour the remaining dressing on top. Seal the packets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes for medium. Remove and open carefully.
Recipe by Yasmin Fahr
Yasmin Fahr is a food writer and recipe developer who will likely try to sneak feta and tomatoes into every recipe she can. Maybe avocado, too. Her work has also appeared on Serious Eats and Yahoo! Travel. Follow her on Twitter at @yasminfahr for her latest recipes and articles.