IMPORTANT: Please read these Official Rules before entering the The Tokyo New Wave Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), presented by Penguin Random House LLC (“Sponsor”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Sweepstakes-related materials.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. Employees of Sponsor its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their household are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM (EST) on March 1, 2018, and ends at 11:59 PM (EST) on March 31, 2018.
HOW TO ENTER: Online entry only. Enter by completing and submitting the entry form as instructed at: https://www.tastecooking.com/win-a-trip-to-explore-tokyos-new-wave-of-cooking/
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used for entry. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; lost or late entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of any computer hardware, software, or any combinations thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems. Incomplete or illegible entries will be voided. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will receive:
- Roundtrip economy class air transportation for one (1) on All Nippon Airways (“ANA”) from/to the U.S. ANA gateway airport nearest the Winner’s residence at the time of entry and Tokyo, Japan (“ANA Travel Award”);
- Accommodations for one (1) for three (3) nights at the Four Seasons in Tokyo;
- One (1) signed copy of Tokyo New Wave by Andrea Fazzari;
- $100 Uniqlo credit for their online store; and
- A walking tour in Tokyo with Andrea Fazzari.
(Grand Prize Approximate Retail Value: $4,970.00)
WALKING TOUR SUBJECT TO AUTHOR AVAILABILITY.
Winner is responsible for coordinating with ANA in order to secure the ANA Travel Award. To use the ANA Travel Award, winner must comply with ANA’s terms as follows:
- Ticket reservations for the ANA Travel Award must be made within 4 weeks of Winner’s receipt of prize notice and at least 14 days prior to departure, with all travel starting no sooner than April 9, 2018 and no later than December 31, 2018.
- Departure taxes, inspection fees, airport taxes and baggage fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the Winner, and will be paid by the Winner by credit card in the currency of the location of the ANA ticket office issuing the ticket. Please verify the amount applicable with the ANA ticket office.
- Changes are not permitted once the ticket is issued.
- Seat confirmation depends on availability and neither upgrade nor mileage credit is permitted.
- Minimum stay is three (3) days and maximum stay for travel is two (2) months from the date of departure.
- Travel is not allowed on the following blackout periods: April 27, 2018 through May 7, 2018, August 1, 2018 through August 19, 2018. December 13, 2018 through January 7, 2019
- Travel awards are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-endorsable, may not be used in conjunction with any other competition or offer, and may only be used by the person to whom they are awarded.
- Travel award tickets that are sold, bartered or altered are automatically void.
- ANA is not responsible for any requests or correspondence delayed in the mail.
- Determination of tax liability on travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner.
- Travel awards offered have no cash value, other than fees paid once ticketed.
- Winner is solely responsible for compliance with all required visa, immigration and customs requirements for travel to and from Japan. No refunds or re-scheduling will be made if improper documentation or failure to comply with any of the rules and regulations of the travel provider results in denied boarding or entry, and the ANA Travel Award will be forfeited.Tickets issued on a travel award are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes.
Winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the prize description, such as transportation to and from his/her local airport; personal expenses; travel and health insurance; meals; beverages; gratuities and any additional hotel expenses such as telephone calls, incidentals and upgrades or other charges that may arise.
Hotel accommodation is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Once travel arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor or its designee. An unclaimed and/or unused prize travel package will remain the property of Sponsor or its designee. Four Seasons in Tokyo blackout dates include:
- March 24 – April 15, 2018
- November 10 – 11, 2018
- December 21 – 31, 2018
- January 1 – 3, 2019
No transfer or cash or other substitution of all or part of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Any and all taxes on the prize will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any delays, damage in the delivery of the prize, and/or loss of any prize in connection with delivery of the prize via mail. In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
WINNER SELECTION: ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 2, 2018 from all eligible entries received by the entry deadline. The odds of winning depend on how many eligible entries have been received. Winner will be notified via email and must respond to email notification within ten (10) days of receipt. Winner may also be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. Noncompliance with these conditions may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and Sponsor reserves the right to select alternate winners (in random drawing from other eligible entries received before the deadline) in such circumstance. If winner notification of the Prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select an alternate winner.
DISCLAIMERS: By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize, entrants agree that Sponsor, and its respective parent companies, assigns, subsidiaries and affiliates, and advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and ANA, and all of their respective employees, officers and directors will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrants for any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to person and property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of the prizes, or participation in this Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of Sponsor with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law).
Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
WINNERS LIST: For a list of the Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by October 2, 2018 to Rachel Krupitsky, Attn: The Tokyo New Wave Sweepstakes, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.
SPONSOR: Penguin Random House LLC, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.