If you’re feeling under the weather—or just want a pick-me-up—this herb-packed chicken soup can get you back up on your feet in no time. Packed with vitamins, thanks to the goji berries, anti-aging elements from ginger and longan, and an immune-boosting assist from the astragalus root, this hearty soup will surely be a new comfort food.
- Break down the chicken into four pieces.
- Boil the chicken in hot water for a few minutes to get some of the grease out. Then rinse.
- Peel and cut carrots in one-inch chunks. Rinse and soak all the dry ingredients while water is boiling.
- Including the chicken, add everything to a fresh pot of water, bring to boil, and let the water boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Then simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours until the chicken falls apart.
Vivian Lee is an editor at Little A. Her work has been published (or is forthcoming) in the Los Angeles Times, espnW, Eater, World Policy Journal, and the Rumpus. She currently lives in New York.