Archana Mundhe crafted over 75 brilliant recipes in The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook.
These boldly spiced wings are a game-night staple in our home. Eat the wings hot from the Instant Pot or finish them under the broiler to crisp up the skin. Serve with coriander-and cumin-spiced yogurt or chunks of charred onion and green bell pepper, along with a refreshing squeeze of lemon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, fenugreek, chile powder, salt, ginger, garlic, garam masala, and turmeric. Add the chicken wings and turn to evenly coat.
- Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot. Oil a steamer basket and place inside the Instant Pot. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Arrange the chicken wings in the basket.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- While the wings are cooking, preheat the broiler.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release any remaining steam. Open the pot and, wearing heat-resistant mitts, lift out the steamer basket.
- Arrange the wings on a rimmed baking sheet, brush the tops with the oil, and broil until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Reprinted with permission from The Essential Indian Instant Pot by Archana Mundhe, copyright © 2018. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House. Photography credit Colin Price © 2018